In Year Admissions
An 'in year admission' is when a child already attends a school but wishes to transfer to another school outside of the usual transfer time, for example because the child is moving to a new address. These transfers take place during the academic year, which is why they are referred to as in year admissions.
For further information, please click on the link below:
September Admissions - Reception and Junior
Applications for admission into primary, infant, junior and middle schools to start in September open during November of the previous year and close in the January of the year of admission. Online applications can still be made after that date but will be treated as late applications. A guide for parents and carers of children applying for a primary place (Reception Classes) or junior school (Year 3) for academic year 2022-23 is available by clicking on the link below:
If your child is in Year 2 at an infant school you must apply for a place at a junior school.
The website includes an interactive copy of the “Applying for a school place” booklet and a directory for all schools with reception classes, junior schools and middle schools in Hertfordshire.
It is recommend that you visit the website to view the admissions booklet and apply online because:
- it is quick, easy to use and secure
- you will receive immediate confirmation that your application
has been received and you can view it at any time
- you can change your application at any time up to the closing date
- you can accept the school place offered online
If you do not have internet access at home you can use the internet at your local library free of charge.
If you are unable to apply online you can request a booklet, which includes the application form
and a local school directory by calling 0300 123 4043.
To enquire about places currently available in our nursery here at Icknield (for children born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019) please contact the School Office.
The nursery admissions process for September 2023 is for children born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020 and opens in November 2022.
Nursery admissions are now being processed directly by each Hertfordshire school. So if you would like to apply for a nursery place for your child you can either download the admission form from here or you can request a paper copy from the School Office.
The two main Free Early Education and Childcare funding initiatives available to parents via the following options are:
- 15 Hours Free Early Education - All 3 and 4 years olds are entitled to 570 hours of free early education per year, equal to up to 15 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year.
- 30 Hours Free Extended Childcare - Some 3 and 4 year olds may also be entitled to an additional 570 hours of childcare per year equal to extended 30 hours a week for 38 weeks a year. The 30 hour free childcare entitlement is available to working families who meet the eligibility criteria.
Completed forms should be submitted before the closing date either via email, post or in person to the School Office. Please see key dates below:
7 November 2022
6 March 2023
Week commencing 20 March 2023
Offers made to parents / carers
14 April 2023
Parent / carer response deadline